You did it! You survived the wild winters, rainy spring and now you are about to get about three months of picture-perfect weather, so make sure you are enjoying every second of it. Which is why we have created 30 East’s Summer Bucket List to help guide your adventures!
See What's Happening at Millennium Park
Millennium Park is located on Michigan Avenue, bordered by Randolph St. to the north, Columbus Dr. to the east and Monroe St. to the south. Millennium Park is open daily from 6:00 am-11:00 pm. Events listed on this page are Free Admission and range from; live music, film, theater, dance, and fitness classes. Click the link to plan your next day at the park. https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/depts/dca/supp_info/mp_calendar.html
Boardwalk At Navy Pier
Whether you’re viewing them from the dock or aboard an evening cruise, fireworks are the perfect way to end your summer day. Navy Pier is THE destination for spectacular fireworks in Chicago, perfectly synchronized to music on Lake Michigan. Their biweekly Aon Summer Fireworks shows occur on Wednesdays (9:30 pm) and Saturdays (10:15 pm) throughout the entire summer.
Act Like A Foodie At Taste of Chicago
Taste of Chicago is the nation's premier outdoor food festival showcasing the diversity of Chicago's dining community. The delicious array of food served at Taste of Chicago is complemented by music and exciting activities for the entire family. Every summer since 1980, Chicago's beautiful Grant Park on the city's magnificent lakefront has been home to the world's largest food festival. This year the festival is set to take place from July 10 – 14thfrom 11:00 am – 9:00 pm with free admission.
Rock Out At Chicago’s Various Music Festivals
Music lives big in Chicago, on neighborhood streets, in downtown parks, on stage at the stunning Jay Pritzker Pavilion, and along the lakefront in iconic Grant Park. Here's your guide to Chicago's July summer music festival scene.
- SquareRoots Festival
- An annual dance party is a gathering of global music that draws artists from Africa, New Zealand, Haiti, Brazil, and beyond
- Wicker Park Fest
- A festival which regularly boats local and national acts of all genres.
- Chosen Few Music Festival
- Largest House Music Festival in the World
- Windy City Smoke Out
- Bands, barbecue, and beer! The killer country music lineup at this summer fest features top country acts across three days.
- Chicago Summer Dance
- Spirit of Music Garden in Grant Park transforms into an urban dance floor. Learn new moves during lessons led by professionals, then dance to the beat of different live bands and DJs
Make sure to share your adventures with us on Instagram tag us @30eastapts or use the hashtag #30eastapts to be featured on our page!